Staff and administration adhere strictly to the Ministry of Education’s curriculum and guidelines as required. Class sizes are generally a 10:1 ratio
Visit: www.edu.gov.on.ca for policy and curriculum documents.
In order to provide students with the necessary qualifications to enter an American college or university, Niagara Academy provides guidance and the appropriate course selection to fulfill NCAA 16 core course requirements.
There are 3 criteria used while determining a students’ course selection:
Ministry of Education
Refer to: www.edu.gov.on.ca/extra/eng/ppm/graduate.html
NCAA (National College Athletic Association)
Refer to: www.ncaa.org
Refer to: www.ouac.on.ca
- English as a Second Language (ESL) programming with a qualified team of teachers
- Individualized program for each student.
- Assist students in the areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening at the beginner, intermediate or advanced level.
- Assist students achieving their personal goals, including learning English and getting a scholarship
- Placement in an English-speaking host family to improve English at a more rapid pace.
Niagara Academy offers classes in SAT and TOEFL preparation in order to guide students through the entire process.
SAT exam preparation:
- Emphasis placed on mathematics, critical reading and writing.
TOEFL Exam Preparation:
- Focus on reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Will include practice testing for both exams.
TENNIS AND FITNESS PROGRAM
- Aimed at preparing students to meet required standards for an athletic scholarship.
- Minimum of 15 hours every week, improving each student’s tennis and fitness.
- Highly experienced coaches assist students in the technical, tactical, mental, physical, and competitive aspects of the game.
- Students are provided with transportation and traveling coaches when competing in tournaments.