ADULT/JUNIOR TENNIS LADDER
The goal of Ladder Play is to be the player in the top position on the ladder. Ladder play also provides players with an opportunity to get to know other players and to engage on a fun level while improving their game.
All players volunteer to participate in the program, and as such, we always encourage fair play and good sportsmanship.
Each player should provide a telephone number and if possible, an email address where he/she can easily be reached for setting up matches – the ability to text arrangements would be beneficial to the smooth running of the scheme.
The players should make all possible attempts to schedule the match at a convenient time.
November 30, 2021 @ 6PM
- The ladder runs monthly, you must play all the players in your box.
- Time, date, and court should be mutually agreed upon.
- Matches will consist of the best of 8 games
- If the game reaches 7-7 then the final game (8th game) will be played as a tie-break (first to 7 points, but you must win by two clear points i.e.,7-5; 8-6; etc.)
- The court is booked for the hour, so if play doesn’t finish before the hour, finish respective game off and then record that as the final score
- Balls are to be arranged by mutual agreement.
- If a player fails to show or cancels without giving 24 hours’ notice, he/she will forfeit the match. A grace period of 15 minutes will be allowed for late arrival.
- Alternatively, if play finishes before the hour you may continue to play as a friendly.
- As previously stated, at the end of the match the score must be registered by the Failure to do so may result in a mix up of the ladder.
- At the end of the month the 2 last players move down to the lower box and the top 2 players move up to the higher box.
- Courtesies – ten minute warm up. Please allow enough time for the pro set game.
- Official OTA rules are to be applying to all matches.